Sunday 7 June 2015

State of the nation 2: WHAT CAN I SAY

Hapi weekend everyone,
I need fuel badly...


This stubborn fuel scarcity have refused to leave us alone and can't even enjoy my usual weekend bed rest anymore since I have to come out early to queue up(presently on giri-gwagwalada road). Imagine having a stressful week, and still have to wake up early on saturday morning for fuel sake.
I thought the government have agreed to pay the oil marketers, then why are we still queuing for fuel?
Now I see why some people are already calling for PMB's head despite barely a week in office. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown and PMB must be wondering what he has gotten himself into considering the one million and one problems we are currently facing.
I should celebrate the day I don't have to queue for fuel anymore!

Now to other issues,
The impeachment threat is now over for Gov. Ayo Fayose and he took to the street to ride with Bike men to the inauguration of the new House of Assembly members. Good for the governor but much is expected from him since Ekiti keeps being in the news for the wrong reasons, yet it's a general parlance that Ekiti houses the highest number of intellectuals.
Now, what I want to hear is the socio-cultural development this new administration will put in place for the state.

APC is now like a house about to be consumed by its own fire. You didn't hear it from me though because the gist making the rounds is that its having a massive internal issue, don't want to say crisis. some of the issues include; choice of senate leader, choice of Speaker of the house of representative and the Jagaban himself is believed to be having a major role in the decision.
If the APC can come out of this NASS crisis without any member decamping or feeling betrayed, then they are the dream party Nigeria have been hoping and praying for.
My advice(how old am I that I feel they will listen sef), APC better resolve its issues fast and foster unity among party members because a section of their party members have threatened to cross carpet to another party if their choice is not protected and used.

Yes, some quarters have also raised the issue of communication about the new administration saying nothing have been said about the recent onslaught of Boko haram, fuel scarcity, dwindling economy etc. it is believed the last administration was castigated majorly for this while some quarters are of the opinion that its rather too early to start complaining. I guess patience will be our watch word while we keep in mind that the days are counting for accountability and transparency.


I need a minute to ....




No comments:

Post a Comment