Monday 15 June 2015

Prayer

Away from the hullaballoos of politics as well as the disappointment of the Under-20 Male football team, let me talk about our communication with God.

 It is believed that through Praise you get God's attention while Prayer brings about the actually communication with Him.
Prayer which is to ask earnestly, beg, entreat. Its a devout petition to God or object of worship.
I have nothing against prayer or praying for that matter because its takes different form with different people.
I have been pondering on the Longevity and Persistence aspect of prayer which brings to fore its effectiveness. I know different people have different views about this and I am not bringing out a blueprint about the best way to have your prayers since am no guru.
I believe everyone will agree with me that for an  answered prayer, persistence is key.
I'm a big fan of the persistent, brief and fervent types because it is devoid of repetition and gainsaying. I remember back then in school(student parish, cccoau), once a particular lady is mentioned to give us prayers, a section of the church mostly people at the back starts to sit upright in their praying position because we are in for a lengthy session.
What gain is there in lengthy prayer?
 Does God listen to you more because of your lengthy prayers and listen to me less because of my brief versions?
 Some schools of thought have reasoned that lengthy prayers are evidence of proficiency in the act while another reasoned that lengthy prayers or  the lack of it are dependent on our circumstances especially in this part of the world.

Another mind bogging issue is using prayer as a dogma when action/work is needed/expected. Praying is very good and working to achieve that which you have prayed for is equally important because its ensures you are in tune with the problem and fixing it. Let your work actualise your diligent prayers.

thus, I have prayed for this week and am going out to effect the change I prayed for.







Labels: Wikipedia, church, student parish, cccoau, prayer, praise.
Location: Abuja, Nigeria


No comments:

Post a Comment